Helpful Links

and information you may need!!

Doncaster Register Office

Civic Office, Waterdale, Doncaster, DN1 3BU  Tel: 01302 735222

Citizens Advice Bureau

Advice on handling wills and estates.
Website here

Tel: 0800 144 8848

Doncaster Coroners Office

Tel: 01302 737135 or

Department of Work & Pensions

Website here or Tel: 0345 6060265

Government advice on what to do after a death.
Website here

Help Support Groups

Below are a few links for local and national support Groups.

Drew Moore

We are a Bereavement Support Group, based in Doncaster, South Yorkshire, and we welcome you to join us and gain our support for your grief during times of need. When someone we love has died, it can be very distressing, but it affects us all in different ways. Talking to others in a similar position can bring comfort and  understanding. The purpose of our group is to allow you to voice your pain, sorrow, distress and fears in a place where it is safe to talk about your special person and the grief you are experiencing.

Where we meet

If you think we can help, please come along to one of our meetings.
We meet from 10am-12noon on the last Saturday of the month.
St Peters Church, Church Hall, Warmsworth Road, Doncaster, DN4 0TW ( The White Church Off Balby Road)

why we can help

Loss and grief can have a profound affect on a person’s health and well being. Grief is not an illness, rather a normal response to a significant event in a person’s life. It takes time and support for a person to adjust and heal.

We offer an outlet for your grief, in a warm and supportive environment where “Even though your grief is your own, you are not alone”.

Doncaster Mind

Doncaster Mind is an independent local charity, providing high quality mental health services in Doncaster and its surrounding area. We believe that no one should have to face a mental health difficulty alone. Whether you are stressed, anxious, depressed or in a crisis, we’re here to listen and offer support. We won’t give up until everyone experiencing a mental health difficulty gets the support they need and deserve.

How we help

We offer wide range of services to help support individuals as they recover from mental health difficulties. We work to raise awareness and aid personal wellbeing to help our service users progress towards recovery, social inclusion and integration, and engage in activities such as learning, volunteering or employment. All of our services and activities are informed by people with lived experience of mental health difficulties and it is their stories that inspire and drive us.

Let’s b:friend

Loneliness exists and we’d like to help end it. Loneliness and social isolation are harmful to our health Over 9 million people in the UK – almost a fifth of the population – say they are always or often lonely (British Red Cross 2016).


  • 20% of the population that’s over 9 million people say they suffer from loneliness 20% 20%
Our befriending

This is community support in its most authentic form. Volunteer befrienders pledge to visit a socially isolated older neighbour near them for one hour per week for a cuppa and a chat. On the way back from work, the shops, dropping the kids at school – whenever is convenient for both parties, a befriender will spend an hour just chatting, listening and supporting someone that otherwise may have no one.We pair individuals primarily based on locality and also make connections based on personal interests. Each befriender and older neighbour receive regular support to ensure they’re benefitting from the project.

Age Uk

Age UK’s vision is a world where everyone can love later life
We know it won’t be easy getting there, but we believe it’s how things should be. With your help, we work every day to make it happen. In the UK we help millions of people every year, providing support, companionship and advice. We are a strong voice, campaigning with and for older people to champion their rights, needs and wishes.

Who we help

Our focus, more than ever, is on the older people who need us the most. Too many older people are living in poverty or just above the poverty line. Too many find themselves without the care and support they desperately need. Too many have no one to turn to.

A Helping Hand When Times Are Tough

Bereavement Support

Tell Us Once

Tell Us Once is a service that lets you report a death to most government organisations in one go.

How to use Tell Us Once

A registrar will explain the Tell Us Once service when you register the death. They will either:

complete the Tell Us Once service with you

give you a unique reference number so you can use the service yourself online or by phone

The registrar will give you a number to call. This includes a video relay service for British Sign Language (BSL) users and Relay UK if you cannot hear or speak on the phone. (You must use the service within 28 days of getting your unique reference number.)

If you cannot register the death because an inquest is underway, you can still ask a registrar for a unique reference number. You’ll need to get an interim death certificate from the coroner holding the inquest first.

Before you use Tell Us Once

You’ll need the Tell Us Once reference number that you got from the registrar.

You’ll also need the following details of the person who died:
  • name
  • date of birth
  • address
  • date they died
    name, address and contact details of the person or company dealing with their estate (property, belongings and money), known as their ‘executor’ or ‘administrator’
  • if there’s a surviving spouse or civil partner, the name, address, telephone number and the National Insurance number or date of birth of the spouse or civil partner
  • if there’s no surviving spouse or civil partner or their spouse or civil partner is not able to deal with their affairs, the name and address of their next of kin
  • if they died in a hospital, nursing home, care home or hospice, the name and address of that institution – you’ll also be asked if the stay was for 28 days or more
You may also need:
  • if they had a passport, their passport number and town of birth
  • if they had a driving licence, their driving licence number
  • if they owned any vehicles, the vehicle registration numbers
  • if they were getting services from their local council, such as Housing Benefit payments or Council Tax reductions, the name of their local council and which services they were getting
  • if they were getting any benefits, tax credits or State Pension, information about which ones they were getting
  • if they were getting money from an Armed Forces Pension or Compensation Scheme, details of that scheme
  • if they were getting money or paying into public sector pension schemes, details of those schemes
  • if they were getting money or paying into Local Government Pension Schemes (LGPS), details of those schemes and their National Insurance number
Organisations Tell Us Once will contact
  • HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) – to deal with personal tax and to cancel benefits and credits, for example Child Benefit and tax credits (you need to contact HMRC separately for business taxes, like VAT)
  • Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) – to cancel benefits and entitlements, for example Universal Credit or State Pension
  • Passport Office – to cancel a British passport
  • Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) – to cancel a licence, remove the person as the keeper of up to 5 vehicles and end the vehicle tax (you must contact DVLA separately if you either sell the vehicle or keep it and tax it in your own name)
  • the local council – to cancel Housing Benefit, Council Tax Reduction (sometimes called Council Tax Support), a Blue Badge, inform council housing services and remove the person from the electoral register
  • Veterans UK – to cancel or update Armed Forces Compensation Scheme payments
  • Social Security Scotland – to cancel benefits and entitlements from the Scottish Government, for example Scottish Child Payment
Tell Us Once will also contact some public sector pension schemes so that they cancel future pension payments. They’ll notify:
  • My Civil Service Pension
  • NHS Pensions for NHS staff in England and Wales
  • Armed Forces Pension Scheme
  • Scottish Public Pension Agency schemes for NHS staff, teachers, police and firefighters in Scotland
  • Local Government Pension Schemes (LGPS)
If you do not use Tell Us Once

You must let the relevant organisations know about the death yourself if either:

  • you choose not to use the Tell Us Once service
  • you cannot use Tell Us Once because the person died when they were living abroad
Banks and other financial organisations

Contact the person’s bank or mortgage, pension or insurance providers to close or change the details of their accounts.

When someone passes

a guide of what to do in certain circumstances after a death.

How do i register a death

Registering the death help and how to do it?

Arranging a funeral

What you need to find out and do?

Grave ownership

What does it mean to own a grave plot and who should own it?

Helpful links

Some links to outside sources for help

Cremations in doncaster

doncaster cremation information and help

What we can offer to our families

Here's a few added options and ideas for adding something extra to the  funeral service


We are a Member of the Society Of Allied and Independent Funeral Directors (SAIF)

K. Dixon Saif

What types of coffin we do

What type to choose ??? There are many different options and types.


Traditional Coffins

Personalised Coffins

Eco Friendly Coffins

Carved Coffins

Funeral Information

Here's some information about us on the links to the right.

Ashes Jewellery

EverWith memorial jewellery.

Urns & Keepsakes

Urns and other ideas for keeping your loved ones ashes close to you.

Angel wings memorial

Headstones & Plaques.

Ashes Into Space

Celebrate a spectacular person with a spectacular send off.

Ashes Fireworks

Ashes shot into the air with a dramatic colourful display.

K.Dixon Funerals, Doncaster

Contact Us

Contact Info

210 Warmsworth Road, Doncaster DN4 0TR

01302 560641

Follow Us On